From The $76K Project …
“I was recently struck by the realization that I’ve been blogging for nearly a year. I started to run through the list of the changes we’ve made and the accomplishments we’ve achieved since this blog was born in June of 2017:
- We’ve created and honed a budget.
- We have an emergency fund.
- We’ve started to invest.
- We’ve increased our household income.
- We’ve weathered some financial emergencies, including an expensive hospital stay.
- We’ve paid off over $18,000 in credit card and student loan debt, and we no longer have a car payment.
I’m proud of all of that. Every one of those wins was hard earned. Personally, though, perhaps my biggest financial accomplishment is in the realm of the mental/emotional: I don’t worry about money all the time anymore.”