Welcome to the Global FIRE Blog Directory
Use our FIRE blog directory to find the perfect personal finance blog or podcast for you. Search by keywords, or click on the category icons below to search by topic. Because we add multiple news listings each week, the directory is constantly changing so be sure to check back often.
Random Listings From The FIRE Blog Directory
The FIRE Movement is Global. Be a Visible Part of It.
The FIRE Feed
- What early retirement means when you’re too young to retireNote: In this post I discussed some of the aspects about my former career while I was still working. One of my problems was “lack of adequate replacement”. Like some people have pointed out, most people need something to do. However, I would point out that this does not need to be a job. It could be taking care of a bonsai tree; or it ... Read the article >>>
- 5 Ways to Save for Your Child’s College EducationFor those of you who don’t know, my husband and I had our first baby on July 15th, so things have been quite busy. Now that we are finally starting to settle into a bit of a rhythm, I actually have time to sit down and write. I posted my first article on Seeking Alpha discussing the setup our daughter’s portfolio and the first stock ... Read the article >>>
- Switching to Cricket Wireless is Easy!We recently shared a post about how we saved tons of money every year by switching to Cricket Wireless from AT&T. The post blew up and we got a bunch of emails and messages asking if the process was actually simple. We decided to throw this guide together to walk you through making the switch from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint to a Cricket Wireless ... Read the article >>>
- How to build a Bull Call SpreadA how to. music selection: “Suddenly” — Billy Ocean A great way to use options is with net debit spreads. These combine the leverage of long contracts with the income of short contracts. They play both ends against the middle to create a hybrid instrument with defined risk, lowered cost of entry into a trade, and great profit potential. I am going to demonstrate a ... Read the article >>>
- The 3 Best Websites for Free MoviesRemember the days when bootlegged movies made their way to the streets of New York City? You could buy a copy of the latest summer hit, still in theaters, for a few dollars. You’d run home and pop your new VHS in the video player. Two hours later, you could say you saw the bootlegged version of the movie all your friends were talking ... Read the article >>>
- How To Downsize Your Wardrobe To A Maximum Of 50 ClothesAre you tired of spending hours to find what to wear today because of the piles of clothes you’ve got? Are you sick of having a messy wardrobe? Then it’s time to dive into your wardrobe and downsize! As I mentioned in my last buy nothing challenge update, I wanted to downsize on clothes myself […] The post How To Downsize Your Wardrobe To A ... Read the article >>>
- The basic principles of index investing
- Malevolent Missy Invests! What Flavor Brokerage is Best for Her Needs?Our heroine Malevolent Missy sure has made most of the right moves this year I really do have a protege at my thankless J.O.B. where we perform acts of chemistry for Big Brother Corporation, but her real name is not Missy and she is not malevolent as far as I can tell. I made her … Continue reading "Malevolent Missy Invests! What Flavor Brokerage ... Read the article >>>
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, or SCRA, provides financial and legal protection for active duty service members. It gives military members a wide range of legal protections not available to the general public. Who is eligible for the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act? The SCRA covers all active duty service members, reservists and members of the National Guard while on active duty. The protection begins on the ... Read the article >>>
- There is No Stock in Money Market FundsRecently, I’ve recommended a money market mutual fund to a few friends who had money sitting idly in bank savings accounts. I knew they needed to keep the money safe, but it could still be earning some interest. So, I was surprised to hear from a couple of them last week as the stock market was gyrating. Both were concerned that their savings could ... Read the article >>>
- Observed in the wildA monsoon-like storm scudded through London. Despite wielding an umbrella and wearing a spray jacket, the rain drops ricocheted off the pavement to soak my jeans and boots. After scrambling through the front door, my kids were instructed to peel off their sodden clothes and go for a nice warm bath. Predictably, things didn’t go quite to plan. The youngest stripped off in the open ... Read the article >>>
- On Saving My First Thousand Dollars
- 15 Crazy Effective Ways to Save Money Grocery ShoppingAre you looking to free up some extra cash or save more money? One of the best ways to save money is to become a frugal food shopper. Now if the thought of saving money on groceries has you thinking of the episode of 2 Broke Girls, where Caroline becomes addicted to extreme couponing and gets in a shoving match with the “Coupon Queen” don’t worry. Grocery shopping on ... Read the article >>>
- Earn Money Taking Surveys (and More!) with InboxDollarsI am a dedicated audiobook listener. I spend hours each week listening to mysteries, romances, sci-fi novels, and business books. Though I often multi-task during these audiobook jags, I’m also frequently just sitting on the couch or lazily completing a crossword puzzle while I listen. My audiobook time is something I could use to do something productive in addition to listening to whodunit. ... Read the article >>>
- Are You Playing to Win or Playing Not to Lose?The Game is On The other day I was playing chess with my eight-year-old son on one those giant boards with toddler-sized pieces. As fortune would have it, the board happens to be at one of the best German restaurants in town. They have delicious German beer on tap in eingroßen maß auf Bier (a man-sized beer.) So this turns into a regular hangout ... Read the article >>>
- Are You Playing to Win or Playing Not to Lose?